4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Day 77

Read: 3 Nephi 6-8

Mark: 3 Nephi 6:12-14

“I testify that no one of us is less treasured or cherished of God than another. I testify that He loves each of us—insecurities, anxieties, self-image, and all. He doesn’t measure our talents or our looks; He doesn’t measure our professions or our possessions. He cheers on every runner, calling out that the race is against sin, not against each other.”
~ Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

Why is pride “the great stumbling block of Zion”? What can help you be more humble?

*I LOVE THIS QUOTE!  I NEEDED THIS QUOTE!  I know for me when I am focused on myself and my "amazing accomplishments" I usually am not in tune with the Spirit.  I am listening to me toot my own horn, I can barely hear anything else.  I believe it is OK to be thankful for what we have achieved and for our talents, but not prideful.  It's important to realize where the talents are from and who helped us accomplish our goals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment