4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 66

Read: Alma 60-61

Mark: Alma 60:20

“When you look in the dictionary for the most important word, do you know what it is? It could be remember …our greatest need is to remember.”
~ President Spencer W. Kimball

“Satan wants us to be slow to remember what we have received and heard. He wants us to minimize and even forget the quiet witnesses of the Spirit that have told us who we really are.”
~ Sister Susan L. Warner

What helps you to not forget the spiritual experiences you’ve had?

*Writing them down!  When I was 19 I had a very spiritual experience and I thought I would always remember how I felt and what happened, and even though I was counseled to write what had happened I did not.  I still remember the overall feeling of what happened, but I can't remember each detail like I could when it had just happened.  When I served a mission we were required to keep a journal and I am so thankful I followed that council.  I can look back at the experiences I had in Idaho and because they were written down remember them like they had just happened.  The Book of Mormon is a PERFECT example of why we should write things down.  It was so important that not only the children of the people who wrote the Book of Mormon know the history, but that we today know also.  We know that Christ visited the Americas because someone wrote about it. It takes time and I am not always the best at keeping a journal, but I have it so much easier than Moroni did.  My leather bound paper journal and pen are lighter and much easier to use than a chisel and gold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment