4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 65

Read: Alma 57-59

Mark: 57:27, 58:11-12

“He whose name this church bears has promised that He will be in our midst, lead us along, go before us, and even fight our battles. He has further counseled, ‘Be not afraid of your enemies, for I have decreed in my heart … that I will prove you in all things, whether you will abide in my covenant, even unto death, that you may be found worthy’ (D&C 98:14).”
~ Elder Neal A. Maxwell

How can the Lord help you overcome fear?

*This is a tough one for me.  I know what the answer is. We are to have Faith that we will be protected from our enemies that if we obey and follow his council we will be safe.  We are shown this time and time again in the Scriptures and also with the Saints in the early days of the Church.  I have a hard time having faith.  At times I live in fear.  I guess for me I need to step back and realize that even if bad things happen I can still find comfort knowing that if I follow the teachings of Christ I can return to live with my Father in Heaven and be with my family forever.  I need to look at the big picture. Saying this and acting are two different things, but I am becoming stronger.  I have always been taken care of even if bad things have happened there were lessons I learned.

No comments:

Post a Comment