4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 72

Read: Helaman 8-10

Mark: Helaman 8:4, 7-9

“How we respond to the words of a living prophet when he tells us what we need to know, but would rather not hear, is a test of our faithfulness.”
~ President Ezra Taft Benson

Even though wicked men were arguing against Nephi, some righteous people knew he was a prophet and supported him. How can you sustain our living prophet?

*Well by doing not only the big things that are asked of us, but the little things.  Things we may not think are a big deal if we don't follow.  In 2001 President Hinkley asked us all women of the church to wear only one set of earrings.  If we had multiple holes and such we were asked to take them out and only wear one pair.  At the time I worked in a place where I pierced ears and sold earrings.  It was better for my work that I wear multiple pairs and have multiple piercings.  From the time I was asked to take out the extra earrings, I did.  It was a small thing and the Prophet didn't order us and say we would not be temple worthy if we kept them in, it was our choice. He just counseled us to wear one pair.  I have no idea exactly how I have been blessed by following this council.   I learned and have a testimony now that if I  can do little and simple things that don't make much sense, I will do the BIG things that are asked of me when then time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment