4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Sunday, June 13, 2010

Day 60

Read: Alma 47-49

Mark: Alma 48:11-13, 17

“Be true to your own convictions. You know what is right, and you know what is wrong. You know when you are doing the proper thing… We need not fear as long as we have in our lives the power that comes from righteously living by the truth.”
~ President Gordon B. Hinckley

The Lamanites did not want to go to battle against the Nephites, but they also did not want to displease the king (Alma 47:2). Have you ever been in a situation where you wanted to do the right thing, but were afraid you would displease someone? Why is it always better to do the right thing than to worry about what others might think of you?

*I lived in LA when  Prop 8 was being voted on and I had several friends who were not LDS who were gay.  I didn't want to hurt them by voting against gay marriage, but I knew it was wrong.  I ended up loosing friends and this saddened me, but the friends I was able to keep were ones who didn't agree with my decision, but understood why I felt that way.   It was a very difficult time for members of the church. People were protesting at the Temple and throwing garbage, urine and feces on the temple grounds. Bomb threats were called in and the Temple had to be closed for a couple of nights for the safety of those worshiping there.  I attended a session one night when the protesters were there and they yelled such horrible mean things.  I do know I was blessed and that I was protected while I was there.  It also taught me a valuable lesson, I was blessed because I chose to listen to my church leaders and to the Spirit even when it wasn't popular.

No comments:

Post a Comment