4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 70

Read: Helaman 6-7

Mark: Helaman 6:3

"Every [convert] needs three things: a friend, a responsibility, and nurturing with the ‘good word of God.’ It is our duty and opportunity to provide these things.”
~ President Gordon B. Hinckley

What kind of friend are you to converts, members who are new to your ward, or the less-active? What things do you do to nourish others with the word of the Lord?

*I learned on my mission it is much easier to keep someone active than to re-activate them.  Whenever I see an investigator or learn of a new member I always introduce myself and tell them how happy I am that they are at church.  I offer to sit by them and be their friend.  I have an investigator in my CTR 5 class. Every week she misses I write a little letter to her letting her know I missed her and what the lesson was about and what the upcoming lesson is going to be.  I work nights so my schedule doesn't really accommodate a lot of fellowship, but I do what I can.  I also pray and ask that the new members/investigators and less actives will be comforted and protected.  Satan does not want people to join the church or be active so any extra help they can get is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment