4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Monday, May 31, 2010

Day 47

Read: Alma 19-20

Mark: Alma 20:17

“Anger is not an expression of strength. It is an indication of one’s inability to control his thoughts, words, his emotions… When the weakness of anger takes over, the strength of reason leaves.”
~ President Gordon B. Hinckley

When is it most difficult to control your anger? Why is it important to stay in control of your thoughts, words, and actions?

*I am very quick to anger...I am a reactor.  It is not my most beautiful quality. I don't usually explode or go off on a tirade, I stuff it inside.  Either way it's a bad thing.  On the other hand I cool off very quickly and am fast to forgive and ask for forgiveness.  I am trying to keep my anger in check with my family lately.  I don't want to say something that would hurt someone I love and am going to be with for eternity.  I also look so stupid when I am throwing an anger fit.  It really doesn't help any situation only making it worse.  If I have a personal or professional issue that makes me upset or angry I usually try and cool off and try to look at both sides of the story. Then if a discussion is still warranted I am able to do so in a kind and peaceful manner and not a confrontational one.

No comments:

Post a Comment