4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Saturday, May 1, 2010

Day 17

Read: 2 Nephi 24-25

Mark: 2 Nephi 25:23, 26

“Literally, the Atonement means to be ‘at one’ with Him. The nature of the Atonement and its effects is so infinite, so unfathomable, and so profound that it lies beyond the knowledge and comprehension of mortal man. I am profoundly grateful for the principle of saving grace… The overwhelming message of the Atonement is the perfect love the Savior has for each and all of us. It is a love which is full of mercy, patience, grace, equity, long-suffering, and, above all, forgiving.”
~President James E. Faust


How do you experience the Savior’s love?

*The Atonement has a new meaning in my life today.  I have always used and thought of the Atonement of something I use when I have sinned or done something wrong. I have made many mistakes and have received the blessings and joy of forgiveness through the Atonement.  Yet I was not using it to it's full extent.  As many of you know I have had some heartache and challenges in my life(who hasn't right) but I tried to move on or focus on something else.  I didn't use the Atonement.  Christ suffered, bled, and died for my sins, He felt EVERYTHING I have ever felt...He knows how I feel.  It talks in the scriptures of how Christ went through that and went lower than any person ever has or will so He would know how to succor His children.  The Atonement has such healing powers.  Healing from sin and blackness, but healing also from heartache, loss, death, pain, of everything.  My life is changing for the better as I fully use the Atonement. I feel Christ's love when I have peace, when I have quiet from my thoughts and when begin to have hope for a better me.

No comments:

Post a Comment