4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Day 20

Read: 2 Nephi 31 – Jacob 1

Mark: 2 Nephi 31:10-13, 20

“When we understand our baptismal covenant and the gift of the Holy Ghost, it will change our lives and will establish our total allegiance to the kingdom of God. When temptations come our way, if we will listen, the Holy Ghost will remind us that we have promised to remember our Savior and obey the commandments of God.”
~ Elder Robert D. Hales

Sometimes we take our baptism for granted. What do you do to remember and increase your appreciation for your baptism?

*This is another one that has me thinking. To be honest I don't put much thought into my baptism.  It was 24 years ago, I was 8 years old.  I remember being so excited and nervous. I know I take my baptism for granted.  I'm not a convert, my family are members, I didn't have to fight for anything....until I got older and had a true conversion to the Gospel and  to Christ.  I am going to commit myself for the rest of the week to remember my baptism and the covenants I made so that on Sunday when I take the Sacrament I will have a better knowledge and understanding of the covenants I am renewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment