4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Sunday, May 30, 2010

Day 46

Read: Alma 17-18

Mark: Alma 17:2-3

“Fasting can help us overcome personal flaws and sins. It can help us overcome our weaknesses—help them become strengths. Fasting can help us become more humble, less prideful, less selfish, and more concerned about the needs of others. It can help us see more clearly our own mistakes and weaknesses and help us be less prone to criticize others…Throughout the scriptures the term fasting is usually combined with prayer… Fasting without prayer is just going hungry for 24 hours. But fasting combined with prayer brings increased spiritual power.”
~ Elder Carl B. Pratt

What experiences have you had with fasting?

*My most recent experience it one that means a great deal to me.  It's not super private or spiritual, but I wanted to be able to use the talents the Lord has given me by singing.  I was given a blessing years ago that told me I needed to use my gift or I would loose it. There were other promises given in regards to my voice and the testimony I share when I sing.  So I felt a great need to ask Heavenly Father to give me opportunities to sing.  With in the week two separate people called and asked me to sing for stake functions.  I was privileged to be involved in "Remember the Journey" songs that correlate with the youth trek and "Vessel of Light" for the Stake Relief Society program.  I was blessed to work with such wonderful women, and to sing such amazing and powerful songs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment