4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 27

I couldn't pick just one.....click here to see all sorts of Mormon Ads

Read: Mosiah 3-4

Mark: Mosiah 4:30
“Work at keeping your thoughts clean by thinking of something good. The mind can think of only one thing at a time. Use that fact to crowd out ugly thoughts. Above all, don’t feed thoughts by reading or watching things that are wrong. If you don’t control your thoughts, Satan will keep tempting you until you eventually act them out.”
~ Elder Richard G. Scott

What helps you most to control your thoughts?

*I love the quote above. Especially where it talks about how we shouldn't dwell on them or eventually we will act them out. I have found that to be so true! There are times when thoughts come into my head that are not the most spiritual or Christlike. I sing I Love to See the Temple.  It helps get the thoughts out of my head that shouldn't be there.  I have noticed the longer I let the thoughts swim around the harder it is to get them out.  I am making a conscious effort to not watch, listen to or read anything that doesn't make me "feel good"  Garbage in Garbage out!

No comments:

Post a Comment