4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 31

Read: Mosiah 12-14

Mark: Mosiah 13:15

“When I was a little boy… I came home from school one day, threw my books on the table, and took the name of the Lord in vain in expressing my relief that school was out for the day. My mother heard me. She was shocked. She took me by the hand and led me to the bathroom…then proceeded to wash my mouth out with that terrible soap…and then said, ‘Don’t let me ever hear such words from your lips again.’ The taste was terrible. The reprimand was worse. I have never forgotten it, and I hope that I have never used the Lord’s name in vain since that time.”
~ President Gordon B. Hinckley

How can we keep the Lord’s name sacred?

*When I was in elementary school I wanted to "be cool" like all the other kids at school. I decided to use the Lord's name in vain several times in one sentence.  I was quickly put into place by the person next to me who said,  "Please don't talk like that.  My parents told me it's not right to use God's name like that and I don't like hearing it." Those may not have been the exact words she used, it was more that 25 years ago, but I remember the feeling I had after she asked me to stop.  It was shame and guilt.  To this day I am still embarrassed in fact I have never shared this story before. I was the only LDS person in my school other than my brother and I knew better than to take God's name in vain.  I knew at that young age I was an example and people were watching me.  I haven't spoken like that since and never will again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment