4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Sunday, May 23, 2010

Day 39

Read: Alma 2-4

Mark: Alma 2:18, 28

“Safety can’t be won by tanks and guns and airplanes and atomic bombs. There is only one place of safety and that is in the realm of the Almighty God that he gives to those who keep his commandments and listen to his voice.”
~ President Harold B. Lee

Why were the Nephites strengthened by the Lord? How can we receive the Lord’s help in the challenges we face?

*The Nephites were strengthened and protected because they were faithful, they prayed, and were worthy of the blessings Heavenly Father gave them.  If I am doing all that I can to be righteous and living the gospel then the Lord is bound.  He may not give me a million dollars, but he will give me the blessings I need.  If it be His will for me to be protected, I will be.  there was a terrible storm last week and I had to go to the basement with Sonny.  I prayed for my house, my car, my parents house and for my safety and Sonny's safety.  I prayed for my family that they would be safe and comforted. I was blessed and protected.  I only lost a couple of windows to the storm, but my house stood firm and I was protected.  I had faith that I would be OK, and that if something went terribly wrong, I would be able to fix it.

No comments:

Post a Comment