4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Day 98

Read: Moroni 8-9

Mark: Moroni 9:20

“Our capacity to feel controls our behavior in many ways, and by inaction when our feelings prompt us to do good, we deaden that capacity to feel…A sex saturated society cannot feel the needs of its suffering members because instead of developing the love that looks outward, it turns man selfishly inward…we have ears, but cannot hear, not only the promptings of God but also the pleas of men…We shut out people, nature, and God.”
~ Elder Neal A. Maxwell

How do you respond to promptings or feelings that you should do something?

*I get confused a lot of the times if it's me or the Spirit. I usually act on those promptings.  At this time in my life I have a feeling that I need to move to Idaho or Utah.  It came out of the blue and it's all happening very fast.  I found jobs with my company and have applied.  I am moving forward as if it were inspiration, and if it's not meant to be it won't work out.  I have peace that whatever happens is the will of the Lord. I am also learning that the Spirit can't steer a parked car...I have to be moving forward for it to steer.

1 comment: