4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 93

Read: Ether 4-7

Mark: Ether 6:9

“Sometimes ...we get nearer to the Lord through music than perhaps through any other thing than prayer.”
~ President J. Reuben Clark, Jr.

“Music is one of the most forceful instruments for governing the mind and spirit of man.”
~ President Boyd K. Packer

In what ways do you use music in your personal worship? How do you use music to help others feel the Lord’s influence?

*Music often allows me to bare my testimony in ways my words won't.  I LOVE music!  It was always playing in my house when I was a child and to this day still is.  I grew up listening to church music and am so thankful for that.  There is such a spirit of peace when "good" clean music is on.  A couple of  months ago I started to only listen to church music when I was in my car and I had a different spirit with me than I do now after I started listening to other music...I need to start doing what I was doing.  I felt better.

No comments:

Post a Comment