4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Sunday, July 4, 2010

Day 81

Read: 3 Nephi 13-16

Mark: 3 Nephi 15:21, 24

“Aren’t we rather prone to see the limitations and weaknesses of our neighbors? Yet that is contrary to the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ…If we have the spirit of fault finding…that never comes as the result of the companionship of the Spirit of our Heavenly Father and is always harmful.”
~ President George Albert Smith

The Savior gave teachings to the Nephites similar to the Sermon on the Mount. He warned not to judge. What helps you to always look for the best in others and not be critical?

*I have a difficult time not being critical especially with myself.  I am harder on myself than anybody else is on me. I am also critical of other people.  I tend to believe that if I can do something they should be able to also.  That is not Christlike and I know it.  People have their own trials and their own abilities.  There are many things I succeed in, but just as many that I don't.  I am trying to be more forgiving and less critical by praying for it and by reading the scriptures.  I also try to see people as Heavenly Father sees them and not as the world sees them.

No comments:

Post a Comment