4 And when ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye shall ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost.
5 And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things. Moroni 10:4-5

.

The views here are MINE only. If there are errors they are MY errors. If you are looking into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints please speak to the Missionaries in your area.



Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 89

Read: Mormon 5-7

Mark: Mormon 6:16-20

“The tragedy of the Book of Mormon is not what became of the Nephites but what the Nephites became.”
~ Hugh Nibley

What led to the fall of the Nephites? What things do you do each day to stay strong?

*The Nephites fell because the became wicked.  They fell away from the teaching of Christ and valued riches and themselves more than they valued the gospel.  I know that the Church today is the latter day church  modeled after the church during the Nephites.  They had opportunities to attend meetings and learn from prophets, they chose not to.  They also chose to kill the prophets.  If I continue to live my life according to the gospel, I will be strong.  I have to watch myself everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment